Promptly following Canelo Alvarez’s devastating stoppage prevail upon Billy Joe Saunders on May 8, the WBC middleweight champion Charlo got down on the pound-for-pound lord via web-based media in any event, when the Mexican hotshot clarified that he needed to get undisputed at 168 pounds and next battle IBF titlist Caleb Plant.
“F – the cash, f – the popularity, f – the organizations,” Charlo said in an Instagram post. “I’ll lose my title and go to 168, get the battle going at this point.”
Deep rooted Alvarez partner and mentor Eddy Reynoso uncovered that they are friendly to battle Charlo if the Texas is so disposed to move toward Alvarez.
“We’re prepared. How about we arrange. We’re prepared to battle Charlo, with whoever. I figure it would be an extraordinary and intriguing battle,” Reynoso revealed to Little Giant Boxing.
Alvarez (56-1-2, 2 38 KO) is the WBC, WBA, WBO and Ring Magazine champion at super middleweight. He’s spread the word about his longing for bind together the division since the time he entered 168 full time before the end of last year by beating Callum Smith. Alvarez has since beaten Avni Yildirim and Saunders in progression and plans on battling for the fourth time in 10 months on Mexican Independence weekend on September 18.
“More than anything is to start dealings with Plant’s kin, with his advertiser and go to an arrangement,” said Reynoso. “A significant battle and afterward see what’s next. I like the Charlo battle, [Errol] Spence on the off chance that he climbs [from 147], [David] Benavidez moreover.”
Charlo (32-0, 22 KOs) is falling off an engaging and uneven, consistent choice beatdown of Juan Macias Montiel on June 19