As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, here is a list of some of the top 10 batting players in the world across various formats:
- Virat Kohli (India)
- Kane Williamson (New Zealand)
- Joe Root (England)
- Steve Smith (Australia)
- Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- Rohit Sharma (India)
- David Warner (Australia)
- Marnus Labuschagne (Australia)
- Ross Taylor (New Zealand)
- Quinton de Kock (South Africa)
Please note that player rankings can change over time based on their performances and the ICC rankings updates. For the most up-to-date rankings, I recommend referring to the ICC official website or reliable cricket news sources.
Certainly! Here’s a brief overview of some of the top 10 batting players in the world as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021:
1. Virat Kohli (India): Widely regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world, Virat Kohli is known for his incredible consistency and prolific run-scoring ability across all formats. He has a strong technique, remarkable strokeplay, and a strong temperament that allows him to excel in high-pressure situations.
2. Kane Williamson (New Zealand): Kane Williamson is a technically sound batsman known for his elegant strokeplay and exceptional cricketing intelligence. He possesses a calm and composed approach at the crease, making him a dependable run-scorer and a strong leader for the New Zealand cricket team.
3. Joe Root (England): Joe Root is an accomplished batsman and the backbone of the English batting lineup. He is known for his stylish strokeplay, excellent timing, and the ability to play long innings. Root has a wide range of shots and displays great resilience and determination.
4. Steve Smith (Australia): Steve Smith is renowned for his unorthodox batting style and remarkable ability to score runs consistently. He possesses exceptional hand-eye coordination, allowing him to play unconventional shots and dominate opposition bowlers. Smith has a solid technique and a strong mental game.
5. Babar Azam (Pakistan): Babar Azam is a young batting sensation from Pakistan who has quickly risen through the ranks. He is known for his elegant strokeplay, exceptional timing, and the ability to adapt to different conditions. Babar has a sound technique and is considered one of the most promising talents in world cricket.
6. Rohit Sharma (India): Rohit Sharma is a highly talented and versatile batsman who has established himself as one of the most destructive openers in limited-overs cricket. He is known for his ability to score big hundreds and his exceptional timing and power hitting.
7. David Warner (Australia): David Warner is a dynamic left-handed opener known for his aggressive style of play. He is a clean striker of the ball and has a vast range of shots. Warner’s attacking approach puts pressure on bowlers from the start of the innings.
8. Marnus Labuschagne (Australia): Marnus Labuschagne burst onto the international scene with his prolific run-scoring and solid technique. He is known for his ability to concentrate for long periods and has a hunger for big scores. Labuschagne displays excellent shot selection and has a bright future ahead.
9. Ross Taylor (New Zealand): Ross Taylor is a seasoned campaigner for New Zealand and one of their most experienced batsmen. He is known for his ability to anchor the innings and play crucial match-winning knocks. Taylor possesses a wide range of shots and a strong understanding of the game.
10. Quinton de Kock (South Africa): Quinton de Kock is an aggressive wicketkeeper-batsman known for his explosive batting in limited-overs cricket. He is a clean hitter of the ball and has the ability to take the game away from the opposition with his attacking strokeplay.
Please note that these rankings were current as of September 2021, and the positions may have changed since then due to players’ performances and ICC updates.